Various writings in different fields

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Why I abstained from using acne medications

Why I abstained from using acne medications


More than 50 million individuals in America alone suffer with acne, which tragically makes them easy prey for the many scammers and marketers looking to score a quick profit at the expense of the helpless and needy.


As a teenager and young adult, I was previously in the category of the frantic and vulnerable in my desperate attempts to get rid of my acne, but not anymore.


I have since sworn off the use of acne medications because I am of the firm belief that most don't work and may actually worsen an already crippling condition. I used drug-free methods of treating my acne such as a drastic change in my diet, facial massage, and other basic hygienic steps like changing my pillowcases every day, having a towel that was exclusively for my face, etc.


Friends, I tried everything (well, everything but plastic surgery): Proactive, Clearasil, Neutrogena, Benzoyl peroxide medications—you name it, I tried it—and nothing worked in my experience.


One product would probably just dry out my skin to the point where I'd have to turn my jaw to get my face's elasticity back, whilst the other would irritate my skin to the point where I'd have to be really cautious not to touch it.


In addition, I genuinely giggle when I consider how much time I wasted utilizing these items.


For the first, I had to use a cleanser, followed by the mask (10–15 minutes for this one, people), toner, and concealer? Remember that I'm a guy and that I'm not in the entertainment industry.


Let's examine several additional well-known products, such as adapalene gel (Differin), clindamycin phosphate (Cleocin T), azelex (azelic acid), and tretinoin.


Friends, the majority of people who use prescription topical acne treatments experience side effects, just like I did. These consist of the sensation of stinging, burning, redness, peeling, scaling, or skin discoloration. Hey, aren't we here attempting to achieve smoother skin?


Additionally, when a dermatologist prescribed me tetracycline and minocycline on separate occasions for oral use, I had to cope with stomach trouble, wooziness, and lightheadedness, all of which typically started within minutes after use.


In addition, I was informed that an effective cure for my acne would require me to take oral antibiotics for up to 6 months! 4 to 6 months? I don't know about you, but I think that is a very long time to wait for an acne medication to work, especially because a natural, affordable alternative might treat your acne in less than 7 to 10 days if done correctly.


Thankfully, my acne has since disappeared, and although though I previously stated that I wasn't in show business, perhaps I could give it a try? This is how much better my skin is and how much more confident I feel, and this is coming from a guy who used to dread having his photo taken or even leaving his room.


If you've had success with acne meds, by all means, feel free to continue using them. However, if, like the majority of people, you've had no luck with the huge variety of purported acne treatments, why not try alternative techniques of skin-clearing? The likelihood is that it will work for you since it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your opinions and comments